Official product: Kotobukiya
Product type: Model kit
Product weight: 833 g.
Lord Impulse is a third generation Hexa Gear developed by Earthcline Biomechanics. A high-quality mass-produced machine that is the predecessor to Rayblade Impulse, most of Lord Impulse's chassis and parts are the same as the newer, more specialized model. Nonetheless, Lord Impulse remains an outstanding and universally adaptable machine.
Earthcline Biomechanics was originally developing Voltrex and Lord Impulse together, but after SANAT's seizure of MSG, the factory that produces Voltrex was seized. Combined with the establishment of the Liberty Alliance and the shift to battle-oriented Hexa Gear production, the focus of supply planning has instead shifted to Lord Impulse. Due to the move from two machines to one, Lord Impulse has been adapted to account for some of its shortcomings, including the addition of magazines for a machine gun and an automatic grenade launcher, as well as the rigged blade. Despite the additions, it is widely acknowledged that Lord Impulse lacks firepower, and for this reason there are many instances where additional weapons are added as the user sees fit. In response to these customizations, an order was issued for users to avoid overly powerful weapons that would be an obstacle to using the Hexa Gear in a group, as well as those deemed unsuitable for use with a Generation III Hexa Gear model.
< br />The movable thrusters installed on either side of the front of the car are not intended for acceleration, but rather instant attitude control when the car jumps.
The "rigged blade" that extends from the rear of the machine is a multi-jointed mechanical arm. The tip of the arm has movable claws that can be used to grab enemies. This weapon can be used as a fifth arm in close quarters combat and can also be used to snatch enemy Governors from cars when they pass at high speed. The arm can also wield and use firearms or melee weapons. The combination of the rigged blade's rugged construction and its Zoatex control system makes for a tough and fast weapon, and its utility radius far exceeds the Voltrex tail blade. The weight of the weapon leads to an increase in the overall weight of the machine and a decrease in its mobility. Due to Rayblade Impulse's larger size, the weapon was deemed unnecessary for standard use in the derived model. it is flexible and can be posed to give the mech an animal look. The blades at the tip can be opened and closed to hold small weapons. The weapon joints are connected with 3mm connectors, allowing you to connect as many additional parts as you like.
- Mouth parts, known as "hound bite", can open and close, allowing it to be displayed with alternate parts or weapons, such as Weapon Unit 06, Samurai Sword (sold separately).
- Magazines for the machine gun and automatic grenade launcher can be removed and attached to the Rayblade Impulse model (sold separately).
- The "striking edges" attached to the back of the front feet have a two-stage expansion and contraction gimmick, allowing them to be stored or in use. The blades also feature 3mm joints, making them compatible with Frame Arms and other model kits.
- The machine gun can be equipped with the included parts to be used as a weapon for Governor models. The parts are adjustable allowing you to view it at a variety of angles.
- The hip joint and rear feet use updated parts, giving the model more flexibility than the previously released Rayblade Impulse model. The new parts are also compatible with separately sold Rayblade Impulse model kits.
- Model can be converted between combat-based Zoatex mode or mobility-based vehicle mode.
- Lord Impulse main body x1
- Chain Cannon Expansion Parts x1
- 3mm joints x4
- Archive card x1